Open Day 2022… and a visit from a former student

On Saturday 24th September, IMS celebrated its yearly Open Day – or ‘Day of the Open Door’ (Tag der offenen TΓΌr), as it’s more quaintly known in German.

Plenty of visitors turned up and were given tours of the school by our 5th and 6th graders. Other kids helped out in the kitchen, or took part in short lessons to provide an overview of daily class routines.

The buffet – provided by all the wonderful parents – was the best it’s ever been. Amazingly, even more food appeared in the late afternoon for a 4-6 picnic and parents’ get-together. (Could anyone send us a photo of the never-ending spread? I was so busy helping myself to goodies that I completely forget to take any pictures!).

Yet for us teachers, one of the nicest things about the Open Day is the amount of former students who regularly come to visit. This year, Morten, Josh, Caspar, Eden and Juno stopped by.

I was so impressed by Morten’s better-than-ever English that I asked if he would give the newspaper a short interview.

When he left IMS, he was just beginning to feel really confident with the language, so I wasn’t surprised to hear that he’s now top of the class at his new school.

(Thanks, Morten – and Caspar, too, for the excellent filming. And is that Leon, photo-bombing in the background? πŸ™‚